Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) is revolutionary...
Envisage a service-oriented wide-area network that eliminates costly duplication but which flexes and scales with your business as it evolves – with you in total control…
Imagine hosting services centrally, from a single, high-speed platform backed up with service or site-specific performance guarantees. Visualise a multi-site any-to-any WAN needing just one connection per site.
Ethernet layer 2 VPLS Wide Area Networking from Exponential-e does exactly that, and much more…
You need to know….
- VPLS provides a transparent transport platform for carrying any type of traffic
- All services connected via VPLS appear to be on the same LAN, regardless of location.
- Services that are stranded at a single site can be moved to the centre of the network
- True convergence is possible via logically separate networks on the same physical connection
- Customers can choose what mix of layer 2 and layer 3 CPE they require
- Customers are free to control their own IP addressing schema and routing
- Services are fully supported with end to end QoS; intelligent dynamic distribution of bandwidth and five classes of service
Don't worry, our Next Generation Network is still built using MPLS, but we use Ethernet as a highly-familiar and easy to use service interface for your use. By combining the cost-effectiveness and simplicity of Ethernet with the superior service delivery characteristics of MPLS, VPLS makes possible what was previously only available in the LAN.
We specialise in applying the unique characteristics of our VPLS NGN to design customised multi-site WANs.
No matter what your wide area network requirement, number and type of office locations and bandwidth needs, we’re specialists in building simple to manage, easy to run and cost-effective wide area networks.
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) - A WAN that thinks it's a LAN